The Blichmann Engineering HopRocket™ has been designed from the ground up for efficiency and versatility to be a purpose-built, heavy-duty hopback and hop infuser. This clean-slate approach is just our track record of providing premium performance and features.
- Pressure-tight - up to 40 PSI operation!
- Holds up to 3 oz. of whole hops as a hopback and 4 oz. as an infuser - twice as much as the competition!
- 100% stainless construction and silicone seals.
- No need to monitor wort level because the HopRocket™ will never overflow and spill like competitors' units you're used to!
- Fully enclosed system from brew pot to fermentor means no volatile hop aromas are lost!
- Inlet at the bottom allows air to automatically purge to reduce hot-side aeration.
- Fine filter with wiper seal sends very clear wort to your fermentor.
- Coarse filter and cone bottom inlet prevents wort channeling and backup for even hop utilization.
- Works on gravity systems and with pumps (about 4 feet — or 1 meter — of static head is recommended for best gravity performance).
- Doubles as an awesome hop infuser (Randalizer) for your dispensing system.
- 1/2" NPT connections are easy to adapt to — a perfect match for our popular QuickConnector™ fittings (1/2", 3/8" barb and 1/4" flare).
* The HopRocket™ can be utilized as a general strainer/filter, but it is not intended to filter all the sediment and particles of your brew pot while using at a hopback. The large quantities of pellet hops, trub and other debris will eventually plug and compact the hop-bed stopping flow. Installing a prefilter in your pot is recommended to prevent excessive quantities of material from entering the hopback. As such, recirculation whirlpool immersion chilling systems should not be utilized with the HopRocket™. That said, filling the HopRocket with rice hulls does greatly increase the filtering capability of the product.