JOB - ASSISTANT BREWER
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Brewer/Cellar Person to join the growing Nepenthe team!
We are looking to hire an experienced full-time or part-time cellar operator/assistant brewer.
**This is NOT an entry level position, prior experience is required.**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Brewhouse assistance: milling, brewing, graining out, cleaning, and logistics
- Performing CIP and sanitation operations
- Kegging beers
- Closely monitoring fermentation
- Dry hopping and yeast management
- Maintaining sanitary practices in all aspects of the brewery
- Be passionate about brewing.
- Treat others with respect and strive for always having a positive attitude and a good time with the people that work here.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least ONE year of professional brewing experience
- Formal brewing education preferred
- Strong sensory analysis skills and knowledge of beer styles
- Strong work ethic
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including extended hours as needed
- The ability to work independently when needed
- Problem solving skills in all situations, with the ability to find solutions on your own
- Required to regularly lift bags of grain and maneuver full kegs
- Need to be able to will ladders and stairs, drag hoses and pumps, and work in close quarters behind tanks on a daily basis
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits package for full-time employees
- A creative environment where new ideas are welcome
- Staff perks such as family meal and shift beers
WHO WE ARE:
Nepenthe Brewing Co. is a brewery, restaurant, and homebrew retail shop all under one roof. Located in Hampden right off the Avenue, we’re focused on modern and experimental beers paired with creative pub food. Our taproom features a casual atmosphere with a mix of communal and intimate seating. In addition to our house brewed beer, our bar program features a full-service bar with beer, wine, and cocktails.
To apply, email a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org